Detailing the VISA application process:
You will require a visa to enter Nepal, so be sure you have all the documents you'll need to submit an application.The Embassy issues tourist visas to foreign visitors to Nepal.Those traveling to Nepal for other purposes, such as job, business, or study, must apply for a tourist visa at the Embassy. They can apply for the necessary VISA in Nepal after they arrive. For more details on visa requirements, visit the Department of Immigration, Nepal website.(https://www.immigration.gov.np/post/visa-fee-and-documents-1)
Where and how can you apply a VISA application to visit Nepal?
The application process for a VISA is rather simple. VISAs are available through Immigration at TIA or from Nepali diplomatic organizations in your country. Simply fill out a form, attach the required paperwork, and pay a nominal fee based on the number of days you intend to stay. Travelers can obtain an On Arrival VISA at the Immigration Counter at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, Nepal.
A visa is usually issued in one working day; however, if the applicant visits in person, it may be issued the same day with no further verification required. The specific period of time will be determined by the work schedule.
Key details to have in mind when requesting a visa for Nepal
- Except for Indian nationals traveling by land, all foreigners must get a visa to enter Nepal.
- Visitors can apply for a visa at this embassy during office hours, except on public holidays (Monday through Friday, 10:00 to 13:00).
- Citizens of all European countries can apply for visas on arrival at Kathmandu's Tribhuvan International Airport. Visit (https://www.immigration.gov.np/) for more information on who is eligible.
- The Government of Nepal has decided that handwritten passports will not be accepted for visa issuance.
- Children under the age of ten are exempt from paying visa fees.
The following paperwork must be provided by applicants in order to receive a VISA.
- A printed copy of the confirmation of visa application.
- Original passport with at least six months validity remaining and a copy
- A formal letter or note allowing the issuance of visas to individuals holding diplomatic or official passports.
Holders of Travel Documents must get in touch with the Embassy before sending their paperwork for the visa.
On Arrival Visa Fee at Entry Points
- 15 Days – 30 USD
- 30 Days – 50 USD
- 90 Days – 125 USD
Fee for Visa Extension
- The cost to extend a tourist visa is USD 45 for a minimum of 15 days and USD $3 per day for each additional day.
- If the delay is less than 150 days, there will be an additional late fee of USD 5 per day.
The following types of visa applicants are eligible for free visa issuance:
- Children under the age of 10, except US citizens
- The maximum stay for SAARC citizens (excluding Afghans) visiting Nepal for the first time under a certain visa year is 30 days. Only if the Department of Immigration recommends it, Afghan nationals can acquire a free visa upon arrival. If you are an Afghan national, you can request an invitation to Nepal from a relevant organization so that you can complete the necessary paperwork with the Department of Immigration to acquire a free visa "on arrival."
- Holder of an NRN card (issued by the MoFA or a Nepalese diplomatic post abroad) who does not reside in Nepal.
- Chinese nationals
- Officials from China, Brazil, Russia, and Thailand do not need visas to enter the country due to a reciprocal visa waiver arrangement.
- A visa must be utilized within six months of its issuance date, and it cannot be withdrawn once issued. After getting a visa, you must confirm the type of visa and the instruction given into the visa strikers.
- Visitors arriving in Nepal with more than US$ 2000 or equivalent foreign currency cadh in hand must filled a Customs Declaration Form at the immigration point to declare it. Failure to file the Customs Declaration Form for amounts more than the quantities specified above will result in action under Nepal's Foreign Exchange Rules and Regulations.
- A valid permit must be held in the hands of any tourists driving a personal vehicle on a land route.
- Before submitting their documents, owners of travel documents or foreign passports are expected to contact the Embassy. Such travelers or those with foreign passports are required to show an invitation, a letter of sponsorship, and a round-trip ticket. The Embassy could also ask for an interview.